The following is the childcare parental agreement for Kids For the Church childcare at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Kids For the Church provides childcare for the children (ages 6 months –11 years of age) of MBTS students during chapel, MWI classes and events, and other events on MBTS campus. 1. Parents will need to visit https://kidcheck.com/ and create a profile with their child(ren)’s information. It is up to the parents to update this information as needed (preferably on a yearly basis). Please make sure that the phone numbers you list are accessible to you and/or your spouse if you are both in class, one person must be able to answer the phone or text in case of an emergency.
2. Parents must sign the Parental Agreement, Authorization and Consent to Medical and Dental Care, and the Liability and Activity Release to Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (MBTS) prior to the first day of childcare for each school year. There must be a form on file for any other events to include, but not limited to MWI events and classes.
3. Parents must register their child(ren) at http://kidsforthechurch.eventbrite.com in order to reserve childcare for each event or chapel session. If there is a one-time event on campus such as an MWI event, you must reserve childcare one week prior to the event.
If you have registered your child for an event and your child will not be in attendance for any reason, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let the Child Care Coordinator know as soon as possible. This helps us greatly as our number of staff and materials needed is based on your registrations.
4. Children will need to be checked in upon arrival. For a special event, childcare will open 15 minutes prior to the start of the event. Childcare will close 15 minutes after the end of the event.
5. If you are leaving your child in childcare, your attendance at these events is required and your child should be picked up promptly at the end of the event. If you are not in class or at the event, your child should not be in childcare.
6. During childcare, we provide a snack, curriculum-based activities, and playtime. Please make sure that your child has a coat as it gets cooler, shorts under any skirt (for girls), and proper shoes for playing on the playground. For infants/toddlers: Please make sure that your child has a change of clothes, clean diapers, and sippy cup/bottle as these are not provided by Kids For the Church.
7. If the event or class you are attending is held during a meal time, please feed your child before coming to childcare. We will only have snacks available for your child during most events unless otherwise specified.
8. The childcare facilities are stocked with a lot of fun toys and activities. Please leave all toys, video games, etc. at home when coming to childcare. If your child brings a blanket, cup, or pacifier, please label it with their name.
9. If your child has allergies of any kind, please make sure that it is noted on their KidCheck profile so that the child care workers and childcare coordinator are aware.
10. If your child has had fever, diarrhea, or vomiting within 24 hours of childcare, they will not be able to attend. A fever is defined as a temperature of 100.4 or greater. A normal temperature must be maintained without medication for at least 24 hours.
11. By registering their child for Kids For the Church, and leaving their child with the childcare staff and coordinator, the parents understand that the childcare workers cannot be held responsible for any injuries or illnesses received while attending childcare services.
12. Starting August 2019, Kids For the Church Childcare will follow the North Kansas City School District for closures in case of inclement weather.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have received, read, understood, and agree to adhere to the conditions stated above. If this Agreement is not adhered to in its entirety, a meeting will be called between the Childcare Coordinator and parents. A parent’s refusal to abide by this Agreement may result in the suspension of childcare services for the family.